Friday, April 27, 2012

Last Hours in Korea

I finally had the chance to load the pictures from our trip on to my computer.  Things are starting to improve a bit over here.  We are still dealing with many of the same issues, but Aiden has started to eat these past couple days which is an encouraging sign.  His first few days home he barely picked at his food.  I think he was too anxious to eat, poor kid.  But today he ate a ton and was full of smiles and laughs.  He even squealed when Luke came home from work.  I am so relieved.                                                                              
These pictures are out order, but there's been some kind of formatting change with my blog and I can not get it to do what I want! They will just have to be posted out of order.  This is a picture of us with Aiden and his foster mother right before we left to take Aiden with us to the hotel.  I felt so sorry for her as she started to get really emotional as we loaded up in the van.
Here's Luke and Aiden at Eastern about a half hour before we took him to our hotel.
Here's Aiden at our hotel.  He spent a lot of time entertaining himself by looking out the window.  We were 12 stories up and he loved watching the cars on the streets below.
Here's Luke and Aiden outside of Eastern.  We had a little time to kill before we could take him to our hotel and Aiden was quite restless so we took him outside.  It was a challenge because he ran every which way so we couldn't take our attention off of him for a second!

Here's Aiden sleeping in our hotel.  He slept 12 straight hours that first night and didn't wake up until 10 in the morning.  Luke and I were shocked by how well he slept.  Sadly, he hasn't been doing that well sleeping at home, but he is showing some improvement.  I have been sleeping on an inflatable mattress next to his crib as it is important to be able to provide him with immediate comfort when he wakes up crying.  He also has never slept in a room alone before, so I can't really leave him alone until he is more adjusted.
This picture is about a month old but I never had a chance to post it.  Over my spring vacation Jordan got a big boy bike.  He is so proud of that bike and rides it everywhere.  I call him the next Lance Armstrong because I am so impressed with how well he does on that bike.  He must have really strong leg muscles because he can ride that little bike with training wheels up some pretty big hills!

1 comment:

  1. I am so relieved to see his smiles! Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete