- He loves to cuddle. I am a big cuddler and have always felt like I had to sneak in the cuddles with Jordan whenver I could because he's never been a big one for cuddles. But Aiden is very different this way. He loves to cuddle. He gives me hugs and cuddles every chance he gets!
- He loves music. He loves it when I sing to him, loves to listen to music, and loves it when I play the piano. Yesterday evening he was pretty incosolable, so I started to play the piano. It seemed to calm him right down and he started playing with different things in the room while I played the piano.
- When he is happy, he is really happy. I will admit that there have been many, many tears these past two weeks, but we have also seen a lot of laughs from Aiden. When he is happy he laughs a lot and is really loud!
- He is easily soothed by me. Although he cries often, if I pick him up he usually stops right away. He seems to be able to receive comfort from me which is a really good sign that things will improve more in the future.
- He's sleeping a crib! I was worried he would never sleep in a crib since he slept on the floor in Korea. But he's taken to his crib with very little difficulty. That does not mean that he is sleeping well at night, but when he goes down for his nap and goes to bed at night he goes into his crib awake without complaint and falls asleep on his own. I do have to be in the room with him, but that's the only assistance he needs from me to fall asleep.
Tuesday, May 1, 2012
Update on Aiden
Things continue to progress at a slow pace over here. I could easily fill up a blog post with all the issues we are dealing with, but I decided instead to write all the good things I have noticed about Aiden. There are many fun and endearing things about him. Here are a few.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have been praying for you DAILY!!!! We got EP approval yesterday. Hope to travel in next 2-3 weeks. THanks so much for sharing your progress. Hang in there!
ReplyDeletePraying for you, Kristin ... a lot ... I'm here, if you need to vent - talk - cry - anything :) Was good to see the happy things going on - glad here are many positives and that you can see them amidst the struggle. Hope this new week brings MANY MANY more!
ReplyDelete