Sunday, April 22, 2012

Adjusting (Slowly)

We are all trying to adjust over here to our new little arrival.  It's amazing how one tiny body can change the climate of the home.  It's been a rough adjustment to be honest, and I am quickly realizing that adopting a 22 month old is vastly different from adopting an 11 month old.  Aiden is very clingy to me, but he won't have much to do with Luke at all.  This morning I quick snuck away while Luke was distracting Aiden and took a very quick shower and got dressed.  That's about all I can do before I hear him start crying and yelling, Omma, omma (Mommy, mommy).  If I am ever out of his eyesight he cries.  When he wakes up in the night and when he wakes up in the morning and after his nap he is just bawling until I pick him up.  I feel sorry for him as I know he is going through a lot, but it is a bit wearing on me.  Jordan has really had to bear a lot too because Aiden frequently hits, pushes, pinches, and bites him.  I don't know if he is jealous of him because I give Jordan affection as well, or what is going on but it's been hard on Jordan.  I'm trying to nip all the aggression in the bud, but it is really hard because the second I turn my back Aiden is doing something physical to Jordan.  We are thankful for Aiden's arrival home, but are hoping that this adjustment phase passes quickly so that our home can have some peace again.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there! It's certainly a new adjustment for all...praying for you guys.

    ReplyDelete