Sunday, August 2, 2009

Another month older


Jordan turns 11 months old this week, and he is still in Korea! It's hard knowing that we have missed out on almost his entire first year of life. How is it possible for us to feel so much love for someone we have never met? At least we are comforted knowing that he is being loved and cared for by his foster mother. We are expecting travel clearance to come any day, so my phone is glued to my side! I am hoping, hoping that we receive good news this week!!
In the meantime, Luke and I continue to keep ourselves as busy as possible in order to keep our minds off the wait. Even though there are a little over 5 weeks until the first day of school, my classroom is set to go- bulletin boards are up, copies are made, lesson plans are written. I have never been this ahead of the game! The only thing left to do is meet with the sub who will be taking my place during my 12 week leave, and then I won't have to go back in when we come home from Korea.

Luke and I may be eagerly anticipating the day when we can bring Jordan home, but the kittens are definitely in for a rude awakening! They have ruled the roost for over 3 years, and I don't think they will appreciate someone new taking their place. Our neighbor's baby came over for about 20 minutes last week. He started crawling towards Sushi and immediately her tail grew bushy, she gave a little hiss, and then she ran upstairs to hide. I think they will be spending a lot of time hiding under the bed during the first weeks Jordan is home!

4 comments:

  1. Sorry we missed seeing in MI, our time flew by spent most with family. I am so happy that the moment is almost at hand for you guys. I have to laugh at the kitty's. Our cat has retreated to our bedroom which she rules with lots of hissing-my kids know it is her palace and she rules! Hope that phone rings anyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so anxious to meet Jordan - I can't even begin to imagine how the days drag until you hear the good news to start packing!! Good luck with the kittens - they we probably end up being best buds with Jordan!!
    Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers!
    Jodi and Scott

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 11months Jordan. I know that each month milestone is so hard! Please Lord, let travel clearance come today or tomorrow!!
    Libby-from the forum waiting for tavel clearance for Hudson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for good news this week ... you guys are so close to having Jordan home with you!! I am so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete