Tuesday, August 11, 2009
First meeting with Jordan
This morning we had our first visit with baby Jordan. We first met with the social worker for awhile and received Jordan's passport and visa. Then she left the room for about 15 minutes and we weren't sure where she went. The next thing we knew the door opened and in came the foster mother with baby Jordan! I immediately started to cry. I was so overwhelmed to see him after just staring at his picture for so many months. The foster mother (Mrs. Oh) gave me a hug and then handed Jordan over to me. He looked very interested in us, but a bit confused. We tried to make him smile and laugh, but he didn't laugh until he saw Mrs. Oh's sister. Luke covered him with kisses the second he was placed in his arms. We had a few minutes alone with him without the foster mother in the room and suprisingly enough he didn't cry. He was so fascinated with the fish in the aquarium that I don't think he even realized at first that Mrs. Oh had left the room. Tomorrow we have a meeting with Dr. Kim, the director of Eastern, lunch with other adoptive families, and another meeting with Jordan at 1:30. Enjoy the pictures of our first meeting!
Notice the "throne" in the background. That's where Jordan was sitting in the first pictures we received of him.
Luke couldn't stop staring at Jordan and covering him with kisses!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
He is so adorable! We are thrilled for you!
ReplyDeleteJill H. from the forum
OH MY GOODNESS!! Bruce and I are SO SO SO happy for you!! I just made Bruce get out of bed to read this post - I, of course, have been repeatedly checking your blog all night :) Jordan is so cute - I love his long hair! Congratulations! On a side note, what room is the red chair in??? Bruce and I couldn't find it and we kept forgeting to ask where it was.
ReplyDeleteWhat a cutey! We are so happy for you. We keep looking at the pictures over and over. We are so anxious to meet him Monday night. Give him a big hug and kiss from his grandpa and grandma Kempema.
ReplyDeleteWe love you,
Dad and Mom
It is so incredible to see him in your arms!!! What a wonderful moment for you...we couldn't be happier!!! Continue to enjoy your time and know that you continue to be in our thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeleteWhat precious pictures!!! I am SO happy for you... Jordan is such a handsome little boy!! Thoughts and prayers are still with you as you bond with your little boy and for your safe travel home!! Congratulations!!
ReplyDeleteWOW what a moment-Congratulations, Jordan is one handsome little boy. What a great day-Enjoy every moment.
ReplyDeleteWe are bursting with the joy of seeing the three of you together at last. What a bundle of love. This is an amazing experience. We look forward to meeting him in a couple of weeks. You are always in our thoughts.
ReplyDeleteLove, Grampa Tim and Gramma Deena
CONGRATULATIONS!!! It is so great to see the pictures of you with Jordan! I'll be praying for some more bonding and a safe trip home! Enjoy every moment with your new little guy :)
ReplyDeleteSo sweet! Like Becky, we looked and looked for the red chairs! We never did see them! Hope that your luggage shows up and that you have a great trip!
ReplyDeleteYEA!!! Such wonderful pictures! I am so happy for you. Jordan is adorable and looks perfect in your arms!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Kristin and Luke! Kristin - I have never seen you smile so big. :) You look so happy. I am so happy for the both of you. Jordan is adorable. The three of you look perfect together. I'll be praying for your safe return. I hope to see all of you soon. ~Mandy
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful family! Jordan is so precious! We can't wait to meet him. Continued blessings on this amazing journey~The Jager Family
ReplyDelete