Thursday, August 20, 2009

Coming Home!

After almost 24 hours of traveling we finally made it home! The trip began with a visit to Eastern where Jordan and his foster mother were waiting. Dr. Kim offered a prayer for Jordan and then we piled into the van and headed to the airport. After a one hour trip to the airport we checked in and waited about another hour to board the flight. Thankfully Jordan slept in his bassinette during most of the 10 hour flight to Seattle. After a very stressful layover in Seattle due to almost missing our plane because of customs, we boarded another plane headed for Denver. In Denver we waited 1 hour on the runway without air conditioning before finally heading for Grand Rapids where we arrived at about 12:30 a.m. It was a very long journey and we were shocked at how well Jordan handled it! Very few tears! When we arrived in Grand Rapids we were surprised to be greeted by some family and friends. Since it was close to one in the morning we didn't expect anyone except my parents, so we were thrilled to see more familiar faces there to greet Jordan home!

Enjoying one more laugh and cuddle with his foster mother.


Crawling around at the airport in Seoul.



Meeting Grandpa and Grandma for the first time. We can't wait for him to meet Grandpa and Grandma Scherkenbach in a few short days!


Now we are home and are trying to settle into a routine. Jordan has loved exploring the house and is so eager to try walking everywhere! He also has adjusted to the time change more easily than I have. He went to sleep at 9:30 last night and didn't wake up until 8:30 this morning! 11 straight hours of sleep! Mommy isn't doing as well with the time change and couldn't fall alseep until 2:00 last night.



Jordan is full of smiles and laughs.

He loves to pull himself up on furniture and has even taken 3 steps on his own!

He loves books, although he is usually more interested in chewing the book than in listening to the story!

Jordan crawls everywhere he can!

6 comments:

  1. He's looking so happy in his new home! Glad to hear he is adjusting to the time change, hope you start adjusting soon too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin.. what a happy little guy!!! He is just so handsome - I am so glad you all made it back safely and that you had such a wonderful experience in Korea! Hope the transition goes well for both you and Luke and for Jordan. I look forward to reading more updates from you!! Congratulations again - what a blessing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristin and Luke - I'm so happy for the both of you. I have been checking your website multiple times during the day hoping for an update. I'm amazed at how well he is adjusting to the time change. That is good news. Congrats! He looks so happy. I can't wait to meet him. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome Home! I can't believe how easy going and happy he is. Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Kristin and Luke - how exciting to finally be home with Jordan. Excited to see all 3 of you at church soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!! So happy that you FINALLY have Jordan home. I have loved following your journey, your love for your little guy is evident.

    Blessings and prayers go out to you during this time of transition.

    SunnyK (forum)

    ReplyDelete