Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Memorial Day

On the Sunday before Memorial Day we went to a friend's house for a cookout.  Jordan had fun playing in the little pool in the backyard. 

 Aiden wanted his bathing suit on so I thought he wanted to go into the pool.  He laughed and laughed as he watched Jordan play, but whenever I would try to put him into the pool he would cry. 
 When we came home on Sunday night Jordan came down with a little stomach bug.  After a good night's sleep on Sunday night, we thought he was better so we drove out to Zeeland for the Memorial Day parade.
 Jordan loved all the tractors and trucks in the parade, but he did not like the loud noises.  He had his ears covered pretty much the whole parade.  That part of him reminds me so much of me when I was little.  I was terrified of loud noises too!
 When we came back from the parade my parents put on their sprinkler.  Jordan had so much fun running through it. 

 Of course Aiden wanted to go out in his suit too!  His sunscreen isn't rubbed into his face because he is so quick!  Whenever I put sunscreen on him, he squirms around so much that I'm lucky just to get a little smear on his face.  Thank goodness he is like Jordan and doesn't burn. 
 Aiden loved watching Jordan run through the sprinkler but he was pretty leery about joining in the fun.  Eventually he reached out his hand to touch the water, but he didn't want to run all the way through it.
Aiden was a lot more content to sit by Daddy than to run through the sprinkler!  Later on in the day we realized that poor Jordan wasn't over his little stomach bug after all. Poor kid.  We thought he was fine because he was having so much fun.  After a couple days of extra rest, he is back to his normal, energetic self.

No comments:

Post a Comment