Friday, August 14, 2009

Changdeokgung Palace

Surprise! This is Lucas writing for the first time here in beautiful Korea. Its everything I expected and more. I love this city, pictures and words really cant do it justice. Today was our first real touristy day. We finally have recovered from the jet lag, I thought I could tough it out, but I couldnt. Anyways, we saw the palace Changdeokgung today and took a tour. Its really an amazing place and we were really glad we did it. It took about an hour and 20 minutes so we really got our 3 bucks worth. The history is amazing with that palace, its one of 5 in Seoul but apparently its the biggest and best one.

We finally figured out the subway system today, or I should say Kristin figured it out and I just went where she told me. We have run into several americans and canadians and australians, that spoke english, so thats been fun, but the language barrier is very difficult. We can say thank you very much and Hello, how are you. Thats it. Most people here dont speak english and I truly feel like a foreigner. The people are very polite here and are very gracious. Emily you would love it here. I think of you a lot as I pass by because so many of the women look like you. Gee, really? Also, I thought I would be taller here in Korea, but I'm not! I'm still short even here! That was a surprise to me.

We also visited our first street market today and that was a blast, so much to see and look at, it was sensory overload, but an amazing experience. also there is food everywhere, street venders with all kinds of tasty and exotic foods. You have to be careful, cause if you eat something that doesnt agree with you, which happened to me, you feel weird all day, so I'm toning down the adventure eating.

Hope you all are doing well, we will be back soon and have more jet lag, but little JT will be with us and that is such a joy I cant even express it to you.

Love Lucas and Kristin

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you are having an awesome time! We can't wait to see your pictures (and you too) and hear all about the places you have visited. The highlight of your return of course will be seeing Jordan - about 87 more hours!!
    Love,
    Dad and Mom

    ReplyDelete