Monday, March 11, 2013

Visiting Jordan's Preschool

 
A few weeks ago I visited Jordan's preschool to teach the kids some info. about Korea.  My assistant principal offered to sub for me for part of the morning so that I could do this.  It was so fun to see Jordan at preschool as I never get to bring him or pick him up from school.  The kids were quite an awe of my hanbok.  One little girl in particular couldn't take her eyes off me when I was wearing it.  All the kids tried a bite of the seaweed I brought in, although only one child actually ate the whole sheet.  Aiden and Jordan finished everyone else's seaweed for them.  
 My mom came along to help me out, so Aiden was there as well.  He sat right in the middle of the class like he was part of the group.  But as you can see, he wasn't nearly as attentive.  When I was telling the kids how both Aiden and Jordan were born in Korea, Aiden stood up and started hugging Jordan.  It was so sweet.
 After their snack of rice, seaweed, and dumplings the kids had the choice of coloring a sheet I had brought in or looking at books.  Jordan, of course, opted to look at books.  He is not big into coloring but never seems to get tired of reading books.
I tried to convince the boys to wear their hanboks as well, but they wouldn't oblige me.  We did manage to take a pretty adorable picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment