Sunday, March 24, 2013

Monster Truck Show

Last week Saturday we all went to the Monster Truck show in Grand Rapids.  This was totally and completely just for the boys.   Neither Luke or I are interested in this type of thing, but both our boys just love trucks.  
 
 Jordan has very sensitive ears, so we weren't sure how this experience was going to go.  In fact, Jordan went back and forth between wanting to go and not wanting to go.  When the day finally came he was very excited and was dressed and ready way before we needed to leave. 
 Both Jordan and Aiden were prepared for the loud trucks with these earmuffs.  They also wear these when they are outside while Luke is mowing the lawn or blowing out the driveway.  Aiden isn't nearly as bothered by loud noises, but he always has to do whatever Jordan does.
 Luke bought Jordan this monster truck hat.  He loved it; especially because it had the name of a real monster truck on the hat- Grave Digger.  I knew nothing about monster trucks before the boys came along, but now I can name several different monster trucks.

 I was able to take a couple pictures of the trucks before our prediction about Jordan came true.  After watching a bit of the show, he said it was too loud and he didn't want to watch it anymore.  Aiden seemed completely unfazed by the noise and stayed to watch most of it with Daddy while Jordan and I walked around by all the vendors.  For the next few days Jordan brought up the monster truck show at bedtime and always said he was never going to go to another one again.  Aiden also brought up the show a lot in the days following.  But he would always say, "mon trucks".  Then he would say "more, please?"  Those boys are opposite in so many ways!
I had to include this picture of Aiden screaming one night after dinner.  My rule has always been that Jordan may have a treat after dinner if he eats his veggies.  We've been pretty lenient with Aiden on this rule because of his difficult adjustment to the family.  However, I feel like he is fully adjusted now and needs to be held to some of the family rules.  He did not give into this rule without a fight as you can clearly see.  I was even very accommodating and some nights offered fruit instead or only made him eat corn and peas which I know he likes.  But he would always scream and scream and refuse to eat the healthy food.  But Aiden didn't realize that he has a Mommy that is just as stubborn as him.  Finally, after many nights of crying he finally gave in.  Now he stuffs those veggies in his mouth so fast because he can't wait for his treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment