Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Snow Days

We've had a record number of snow days this year. Today I drove all the way to work on a sheet of ice only to receive a call that school was cancelled just as I was pulling into the parking lot. Although it's been a lot of fun being home more with the boys, I am starting to run out of ideas to do with them when it's cold and snowy outside.  Jordan loves playing outside in the snow, but I am not a cold weather person.  Aiden isn't either which can make it really challenging to play outside.  So I try my hardest to find indoor things for them to do. 
 
Today the boys had fun painting on the easel that Aiden received for Christmas.  Yes, Jordan is just in his underwear.  For some reason that we can't figure out, Jordan hates to wear clothes.  I have decided not to fight that battle and just tell him that he has to wear underwear and can always put more clothes on if he is cold.  But he never puts more clothes on unless people come over.  It makes for some crazy pictures, but oh well.  Hopefully the phase will pass quickly.

 
 Jordan loves posing for the camera!  Here he is beginning his painting.

 Aiden spent most of his time taking off the caps of the do a dots and putting the caps back on.  He did manage to get a little paint on his paper, but not much.

 Here are my boys hard at work.  This is pretty much the extent of the art projects in our house as the boys have not been blessed with a very artistic mommy!

 Here's Jordan with his masterpiece! 
 
 Another thing I sometimes do with the boys when I am out of ideas is give them a baby wipe.  It's amazing how much they love cleaning their toys!  This can keep them busy for a long time.

 All day long Aiden repeats, "Daddy home?" Then I reply and say that Daddy will be home at suppertime.  Then Aiden says, "Kay."  We repeat this little dialogue probably about 20-30 times a day.  On snowy days the conversation becomes a little more complex.  Aiden also says, "Daddy blow, blow?"  Then I reply and say that yes, Daddy will snowblow when he comes home.  Aiden absolutely loves watching Daddy snowblow. 

Jordan loves to go outside with Daddy when he snowblows.  He isn't bothered by the cold at all.  He wears earmuffs while Luke snowblows because he hates the noise.  Then when Luke brings out the shovel, Jordan has to join in.

The boys seem to be enjoying the cold, winter days but I am sure ready for spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment