Monday, March 28, 2011

Aiden Update

Today we received an update on Aiden. We were sad to hear that Aiden's finger was recently caught in a drawer while he was playing. Apparently, he likes to empty things out of drawers when he is playing. Sounds like another little boy I know! Anyway, his finger must have been caught pretty badly because the whole fingernail on the second finger of his right finger came completely off! The fingernail is starting to grow back now, but that's about all we know. It's hard knowing that our baby was hurt so far away from us and we are unable to comfort him. But we are so thankful to know that he has a loving foster mother to provide him with the comfort he needs! Here is some more information we received in the update:

  • He likes to bathe

  • He crawls on his knees and sits on his own

  • He babbles a lot and is loud!

  • He laughs when he is in a good mood

  • Along with formula he has started to eat solid food. One food he likes to eat is rice wrapped in seaweed. This is so interesting to me because Jordan just loves seaweed! He requests it at every meal (no exaggeration!) Maybe he was fed seaweed as a baby too.

  • He goes to bed at around 11 or midnight. I don't know what is up with that! That is way past my bedtime! We'll have to make some adjustments to that schedule after he comes home.

Although we were concerned to hear about Aiden's injury, we are so glad to hear that he is happy and healthy. It's been over 2 months since our paperwork made its way to Korea, so now we are down to a 6-10 month wait. It's hard being separated from our son, but we know he will be worth every minute of the wait!


2 comments:

  1. Poor little guy! Sounds like he was quite the night owl. :) Praying that he will be in your arms soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I found your blog from Libby's blog, so hope you don't think I'm blog stalking! I decided to write because we are quite close to you on our adoption journey. Our baby boy Kwanhee is almost 9 months old and waiting as we are waiting. We started the process September 23rd, 2010, received our referral on December 23rd, and are just waiting..did I mention we are waiting. Does all this waiting just make you crazy? B/c it does me! I will be following you on your journey:) I will pray for your family as I think of you. Your boys are precious!

    ReplyDelete