Saturday, July 28, 2012

Brothers

Although the boys still spend a big chunk of the day fighting, I am starting to see some improvements in their relationship.  They are spending more and more time playing together and Jordan is starting to enjoy helping his little brother do things.  He helps Aiden get his blanket out of his crib, helps him carry things up and down the steps, and helps him fix his toys.
 Here is Jordan helping Aiden put on his shoes.  One day Aiden was being a bit of a stinker about putting on his shoes and kept running away from me when I tried to put them on.  Jordan saw my predicament and offered to help.  Aiden loved having his big brother put his shoes on for him!
Whenever Jordan does something nice for Aiden I tell Aiden to tell Jordan thank you.  Since he can't say thank you yet, he always gives Jordan a hug instead.  Jordan is always pulling back a little bit as Aiden can be just as aggressive with his affection as he can be with his anger.  Watching the boys hug always makes me smile.

Here are the boys playing together in the living room.  Aiden follows Jordan wherever he goes.  Jordan gets annoyed with this sometimes, but he does seem to enjoy having Aiden as a playmate more and more.  Having a 2 year old and a 3 year old in the house makes for a chaotic but joyful life!

1 comment:

  1. Garrett is newly 4, so I'm not too far removed. The last two months have been really challenging establishing a "brother hood". I have 2 older girls who distract David and are a good buffer. I truly sympathize with "where you are" right now because I know it is so very hard to be the referee CONSTANTLY. They are so cute!!! Thanks for continuing to post!

    ReplyDelete