Thursday, January 5, 2012

Prayers Needed

I have been counting down the days until 2012 because then I knew things would start moving again in Korea. But here we are only 5 days into the new year and we keep hearing discouraging things about our adoption. Yesterday we found out that a petition was never filed with the courts for us to receive some piece of paperwork needed to bring our baby home. We never heard anything about this until Tuesday. Now today I found out that this petition can't be filed until we have a home study update complete with new medical exams and references. I can't believe that we have had a year of dead time just sitting here waiting for our baby to come home and no one mentioned this to us until now! We could have had this petition filed long ago and wouldn't have needed to update our home study. Please pray for us to have patience during this painfully long wait and pray that the home study update is completed quickly. We are hoping that things move way more quickly than we expect!

5 comments:

  1. Oh Kristin. Frustrated for you guys. I hope things beging moving very quickly. Praying for answers and baby Aiden to come home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you - don't understand why you are having to wait so long to love on Aiden and have him home, but I believe he will be home and I'm praying it will be soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear this - I know how you feel, sadly. I just went through the process of updating my entire home study, medical, all of it ... the department that is supposed to take 2-6 months, long story short, we've now been stuck in for 11 months. Sigh. We WILL get our little ones home. Know that I am thinking of and praying for you guys. Always here if you need to talk.

    ReplyDelete