Friday, May 13, 2011

Disappointing News

This week we received some disappointing news regarding the adoption. Due to the quota system that is in place in Korea, we will not be able to travel to bring Aiden home until sometime in 2012. We were sad to hear this as we were hoping to travel sometime in October or November. Before when people would ask when we were traveling I would always respond by saying that we hope to travel sometime before Christmas. In my mind I thought Christmas time would be the very latest it would be. But now I am hoping that we travel before Mother's Day next year. The waiting is very, very hard but we have peace knowing that Aiden is living in a loving foster home. Here is the most recent picture we have of Aiden taken back in March. He looks so cheerful! His birthday is coming up next month so we will be able to send him gifts at that time and will hopefully receive more pictures. We are gearing up for a long, long wait but know that the end result will be very sweet!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Kristin.. I am so sorry to hear this... breaks my heart.. prayers are with you! He sure is a cute little man!

    ReplyDelete