Sunday, May 23, 2010

Summer is Coming!

Spring in Michigan is always unpredictable. Somedays can be warm and sunny and then it can be very cold and rainy for days on end. But I think that we are finally at the point when it is going to be warm and stay warm. And best of all, I only have 3 more weeks of working full-time! In three weeks I will be on summer vacation, and then will only be teaching in the mornings in the fall. I am so ready to be able to spend more time with Jordan!

Jordan has been so much fun recently! He is trying more and more to talk although we can't understand most of what he says. He sure has the word "more" down, however, and repeats it over and over whenever he wants more of something. It's so much fun to see the new things Jordan is learning each day!
This brown chair is where I sit whenever I read. Unfortunately, I haven't had much time to read recently! But Jordan sure is getting good use out of this chair. He often will sit in the chair and "read" his books. I can hear him babbling as he looks at the pictures. It's very cute!
Here is Jordan peeking through the fence at our one-year old neighbor, Reilly. They are already good friends!

I am excited to have my very first vegetable garden. Since I am basically clueless about what I am doing, I am starting out very small. I am trying the square foot gardening method. My dad made this 4x4 square and filled it with compost for me. I've planted several vegetables and have started to see little sprouts of radishes, cucumbers, broccoli, and sugar snap peas coming up.


Of course Jordan was close by as the compost was put in the garden. He always wants to see what's going on! He also helped me plant the seeds. Some seeds may have to be replanted, however, as I saw him start digging in the dirt right after I planted the seeds!

Here is Jordan sitting on one of our deck chairs. Jordan has become so good at climbing that now he can pretty much get wherever he wants to go! At least he now has learned that he must sit on chairs and is not allowed to stand on them!


Jordan loves swinging in this little blue swing! I remember putting him in the swing shortly after he came home from Korea last summer. He didn't seem very impressed with the swing at that time. Now he can't get enough of it!


We decided to buy Jordan a little kiddie pool and a little sandbox to keep on our deck. Today Jordan played in both! He would play in the sandbox for awhile and then move over into the pool and clean off. Here he is driving his truck around the pool.

Jordan absolutely loves the sandbox! He wasn't a happy camper when it was time to come in for his bath tonight. I think he would have been content to play in that sandbox for a couple more hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment