Wednesday, February 10, 2010

One Year Ago

As my students were recently talking about our upcoming Valentine's Day party on Friday, I realized that it was almost exactly one year ago that we received Jordan's referral. We received his referral on the exact same day as the students' Valentine's Day party, and I still remember much of that day vividly. It's hard to believe that almost a year has passed, and it's amazing to think about how much our lives have changed! Jordan is now 17 months old, has been home for nearly 6 months (we completed our last post-placement visit with our social worker last week!) and continues to bring excitement and joy to our days.

He has learned to do so much in the 6 months that he has been home. I can't believe how much he has changed! When he came home from Korea he was taking a couple very wobbly steps, and now he is walking, running, and climbing on everything he can! He only says a small handful of words and doesn't even say those few words very consistently, but we are amazed at how much he understands. He loves to play hide-and-seek (he doesn't know how to hide, but he sure loves it when Mommy hides!), loves to be chased around the house, and dances whenever music is played.

Here are a few recent pictures of our little sweetheart!

We recently spent an evening at our friends' house. They have a little one-year old too, so it's fun to see the kids interact. They both were so eager to sit on the couch and listen to this book!


Although Jordan has a Mommy who can tend to be a bit of a neat freak, he hasn't inherited that trait yet. He leaves a big mess wherever he goes!


Jordan recently began smiling on command which makes it fun to take his picture! Jordan doesn't seem interested in bananas when they are cut up for him, but he sure loves them when he is able to hold the banana himself!



Jordan has discovered the thrill of climbing. He often tries to stand on his little Adirondak chair and then climb onto the ottoman or the couch. We aren't as excited about this new phase as Jordan hasn't learned to be cautious yet!


Jordan loves books! I mean, really loves books. I am amazed at how often he wants me to read him a book! As a teacher I am ashamed to admit this, but I have actually hidden this trucks book for a few days before because I've been so sick of reading it. Jordan is a boy through and through- he loves trucks, cars, and anything else with wheels!

1 comment:

  1. What an exciting past year for you and the upcoming year will be even more exciting.. he is so adorable... he looks so happy!!

    ReplyDelete